Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Is it just me or does everybody have bad dating karma?

It seems like no matter how many dates I go out on or how many different men I meet, the end result is always the same, EPIC FAIL, as my teenage daughter would say.  Which begs me to ask, "Is it me or the men?"

I have tried various methods of meeting potential dates and it seems that although the pools are different the basic personality types are always the same.  There is the one that lies about being married, the one that has kids but fights continuously with his ex and has way more drama in his life than I want to deal with, and there is the narcissist.  Now the latter seems to be the one that I seem to either be the most attracted to or I just seem to attract. 

I am not blaming anyone but myself for my own dating decisions but seriously when will I learn that outgoing, funny and charming goes hand in hand with classic narcissist. They come in all shapes and sizes and I am pretty sure that I have encountered most of them.  I know that there are many of you out there that know exactly what I mean.  And not just women either because I have met a few women in my lifetime that would qualify as a narcissist.  Heck if I am totally honest with myself I would have to admit that in my 20's I was probably one of the worst.  And maybe that is why karma seems to be taking a big bite out of my butt right now. 

So from this day forward I intend to be more vigilant at monitoring my narcissit radar.  That means that the first time I friend you on facebook and notice that 90 % of your friends are women and that you post 20 times a day and 30 women "like" your comment, I am going to unfriend you and run for the door.  If we go out and it takes you longer to fix your hair that it does for me to fix mine, I am going to run for the door. If you continuously talk about how people find you charming and funny, I am going to run for the door. If you are constantly telling me how handsome women find you or how white your teeth are or how good you look in your jeans, or how wonderful you are and you thrive on the attention of others, I am going to run for the door.  BUT if you ask me about my day or tell me that I am pretty, or ask me about my kids, or ask me what you can do for me, then I am going to settle right down on the couch with you and tell you how wonderful and handsome you are without you asking for it. 

If there is one bit of advice I could give any man considering dating a single working mom, it would be that we spend all day, everyday having demands put on us and sometimes it is just nice to have somebody in your life that doesn't constantly demand you stroke their ego.  Quiet confidence is the ticket boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment