Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn a Book Review

Wow!  What a roller coaster ride!  I thought that I had this all figured out and then wham, a twist that I did not see coming.  I read more and yet another twist and then the biggest twist of all on the very last page!

This was one of the best books that I have read in a while.  I thoroughly enjoyed the story line and read parts of it with my mouth hanging open in disbelief.  It took me a total of 2 days to read this novel because I could not bear to put it down.  It has been a long time since I have had that experience.

This story starts in New York City with a young couple that meets at a mutual friends party one evening.  They lose touch but later reconnect and marry and it becomes fairly obvious pretty quickly that they really don't know each other.  For that matter the reader doesn't really know them either.  The plot takes you from NYC to Carthage, Missouri, much to Amy's dismay.  It is here in Nick's boyhood home, which comes complete with sick parents and a twin sister that Amy's true self begins to surface.  And let me say that she is one crazy individual, but don't get me wrong because Nick comes with his very own set of issues.

There is no way for me to go much deeper into this plot without really giving away parts of the story that the reader needs to discover for themselves.  I will say that I highly recommend this book to anybody that enjoys a good mystery complete with lots of unexpected twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment