Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dating Issues Again!


I am so tired of the dating difficulties.  I can't decide if it is just me or if it is just the dating scene for all of us in our forties.

I met this really great guy and we have been inseparable since meeting five months ago. We are together five or six days a week and get along great.  So what is the problem you might be wondering.  He is moving two and a half hours away due to his job and will be leaving in just a few more weeks.  When he first told me a month ago, I obviously got upset but then I accepted it and started putting on this tough exterior where I told myself that it was fine and we would just be friends. Now that it is getting closer to the move I am realizing that I am really not happy about this.  I keep telling myself that whatever is supposed to happen will happen because that is what you are supposed to tell yourself in these situations.  But why does it still bother me?

Plus there are a few other issues that I keep trying to rationalize.  I think that he and I want different things in life.  He wants to just date forever and never get married again and I don't want to live with somebody unless we are married.  The issue with that plan is that he is very active in church and he doesn't believe in sex before marriage.  I don't have an issue with that except I don't want to spend my life sexless and alone every night.  Personally, besides thinking that sex is just plain fun, I think that it brings me closer to the one I am dating.  How can a relationship survive a situation like this?  Should I have to make compromises?  Should he?  Should we or could we even meet in the middle?

I guess that I am going to have to discuss these things with him but from where I am sitting right now, this relationship is doomed.  The sad part is that I can't figure out if it is my fault or his.  Can a man really expect a woman to be happy dating forever and never having sex?  I honestly think that he believes that.  Sounds crazy huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment