Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Seizure Frustrations

In mid May, I started to have multiple seizures.  After 4 days in the hospital, I was told that it wasn't epilepsy and it wasn't a brain tumor.  Diagnosis was non-epileptic seizures caused by trama or stress.  The problem is that I have never had anything tramatic happen in my life nor do I think that I am overly stressed.  I was told that I couldn't drive for 90 days from last seizure nor could I work and I was sent to a counsellor to determine what my trigger was.  Verdict was that I was a tough case because there were no obvious triggers to address and stop the seizures.

I have been trying to find a doctor to review my information and see what they are missing but apparently getting in to see these guys is near impossible.  My FMLA runs out in a week and I have to go back to work. I still have seizures almost daily and suffer from short term memory issues. How do I deal with this?

If there is anybody out there that has experienced something like this, I would appreciate some feedback on what you found out and how you dealt with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment